How does Pendulum email integration work?
Watch this video, or read the article below:
Pendulum email integration allows you to send an email to a contact and have a copy of the email automatically save as a note on the person's contact record in Clockwork.
To use pendulum from within Clockwork:
- Click on the person's email address from their contact record.
- A new blank email will pop up using whichever mail client (e.g. Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail) your computer is set to default to.
- You will see the Clockwork pendulum email address in the BCC of the email.
To use pendulum outside of Clockwork, you must:
- Send the emails from the same email address you use to login to Clockwork.
- Send the emails to an email address that is saved on the person's contact record in Clockwork.
- Enter the pendulum email address into the BCC of the email.
Best Practice: Save the pendulum email address for your firm as a contact in your email, to make it easy to BCC the pendulum email every time you send an email to a candidate or client.
To find and save the general pendulum email address for your firm:
1. Click on the Admin button in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Find your firm's general pendulum email address.
3. Save the Pendulum email address as a contact in your email (named Clockwork Pendulum, for example).
4. Be sure to BCC the pendulum email address whenever you're emailing a contact (potential candidate or client) to have the email appear as a note on the person's contact record.
Helpful tip: It's best to use your firm's general pendulum email address when sending email correspondence that is not related to any active project in particular, because each search project has its own pendulum email address that will tie your email correspondence to that particular project! Here's an article on where to find your project's pendulum email address.